EMT has engaged in a program of extensive Industry review of its novel technology over many years.
The personnel involved have extensive engineering, mine planning, mine design and mining operational expertise in all facets of the mining processes involved. This ensures that the application of the technology is practical and the implementation pathways are efficient and simple.
Key personnel have also included recognised experts in energy evaluation techniques and in GHG evaluations.
The technology is well proven, readily implementable and the benefits are deliverable.
Brian MacDonald - Chairman & Executive Director
- Civil Eng (Hons), Company Director and Manager with 30 years experience in investment management, mining and resources, construction and project development.
- Former roles include Managing Director of Vale Australia, Managing Director of AMCI Australia, Coal Group CEO of MIM Holdings, and Senior Executive within the Thiess Group
- Industry representation as former Director of Qld Mining Council, Australian Coal Association and ACARP, the Australian coal industry’s peak research body
- Has extensive leadership experience and knowledge of international coal mining processes and engineering, having travelled and worked extensively in coal producing basins and regions globally
Key Independent Personnel
Numerous independent industry experts in innovation development & validation
- Mining Engineer (B.Eng) with 35 years experience in all facets of open pit mining engineering with particular emphasis in areas of operations management, mine planning, blasting and dragline operations
- Prior Senior roles with Wesfarmers, Orica (and previously ICI), Thiess, BHP and Curragh Mining with extensive consulting roles thereafter
- Has been engaged by EMT to lead the technology development and assessment
- Mining Engineer (B.Eng - Hons) with 30 years experience in open pit mining engineering with particular emphasis in areas of mine engineering and mine planning, 3D mining software applications, and blasting activities
- Prior Senior roles with BHP, Thiess, Griffin Coal and ICI with extensive consulting experience throughout Industry
- Has been engaged by EMT in geometrical mine planning and overall process analysis employing extensive use of 3D mine planning and visualisation software
Professor Chris Greig (University of Qld)
- Professor Chris Greig is the Professor of Energy Strategy at the University of Qld and a Director of the UQ Energy Initiative
- Prior to joining the University of Qld, Professor Greig had 25 years of project and executive management experience in the industrial, mining and energy sectors, both within Australia and abroad
- Professor Greig holds a Bachelor of Engineering, Master of Engineering and PhD
- Has assisted EMT in energy modelling and GHG studies
- Mining Executive with 37 years experience in leadership and mining operational roles, with particular expertise (and recognised industry leadership) in open cut coal mining and dragline mining operations in particular
- Prior Executive and Senior roles with Glencore-Xstrata, Xstrata, Thiess, BHP Coal and BHP-Mitsui Coal
- Has assisted EMT in practical review and implementation of the process methodology and validation of the practical dragline operating methods in pit